background

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Baby Projects: Baby Clark

Today was my sister-in-law's baby shower. She's expecting a little boy in June! Of course, I had to make a few things for my little nephew!! First thing on my list: crochet baby Converses!


I found the pattern at Topsy Turvy and modified it a little. It was my first time crocheting with thread. Probably the only time I ever felt that my fingers are huge! It was also my first time crocheting baby booties. Lots of fun! The only thing that I really disliked was making the shoe laces. ~100 sc into ~100 ch with a tiny hook and thread is not easy. At least it wasn't for me. They looked so cute when they were finished!


My next learning adventure was a loom woven blanket. I used my awesome Martha Stewart Loom Knitting Kit to make 4 squares which I sewed together before adding a crochet border. I used cotton yarn to make it lighter since the baby will be born in the summer. I really enjoyed this. It made me look more into weaving. I think they should sell additional loom pieces to allow you to make larger pieces. Anyway, the blanket turned out great and I'm looking forward to weaving again soon!



My last project was an owl hat.... Soooo cute! I found the pattern at Daisy Cottage Designs. Really easy, fast crochet project. I modified it a little in the eyes, ears, and nose but otherwise stuck to the pattern and it turned out great. I think I'll try to make an adult sized version since my best friend already demanded one for herself! :)


I placed them all in a basket along with diapers, a bottle, a pacifier, a bib holder, and a bottle leash. I got a picture with everything but the owl hat in it.


Looking forward to meeting baby Clark soon!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment