background

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Eve

Easter Eve

Tonight is the last night of Lent. Starting tomorrow, I can resume my Facebooking 'til my heart's content. It also marks the beginning of a new way of thinking for me. I gave up Facebook and began attending mass regularly in order to remove stressors from my life and reacquaint myself with my faith. I think it's been a successful Lenten season! I do plan to dip my toe back into Facebook to better keep in touch with family and friends and look forward to catching up on what's been going on. I also look forward to continuing to strengthen my relationship with God and continuing to attend mass and further involve myself in the Church again. 

Being back at church has felt familiar. The church near my home is one of the smaller Catholic churches in the area which has been really nice. I recognize the faces every Sunday, the tones of each choir member's voice, when someone isn't sitting in his/her regular seat, etc. I know it sounds silly, but knowing all those things and recognizing them helps it feel more like home, and that's something I've been missing for a long time. Being active in my church is something that I grew up doing willingly and joyfully. Being a part of something that I know and feel is much bigger than me is humbling. 

Now, if I could just get Ripley to stop licking the comforter, life would be complete. Also rolling around in my head lately: I want bangs like Zooey Deschanel. Trying not to lose my mind entirely and cut them myself.

Coming soon: Sis-in-law's baby shower next week... I had so much fun making a few things for my nephew! Can't wait to post pictures and such!

No comments:

Post a Comment