background

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Curtains

Our bedroom has those windows that are short, wide, and higher up on the walls. I tried and tried to find creative things to do with them that made sense with the layout of the room and our furniture, but couldn't really find anything. I had a couple of ideas that I found on Pinterest, but they seemed a little adventurous for my first attempt at making curtains. I'm not that courageous. So, instead, I decided to take the curtains we already had but did not fit our windows and remake them. Here's a "before" picture:


The process was pretty simple... I was glad to keep it that way. I cut off the grommets at the top, cut them into individual pieces, hemmed each grommet square, and sewed it back on the side to make a short, wide curtain.


When I finally got the curtains done, I went to hang them up. I found my curtain rods but no hardware to hang them up with! I ended up having to buy new rods anyway because the ones I had were too short. Once that was all squared away I finally got to hang them up!

Voltron loves the curtains, too. :) Although they aren't lined, the fabric is thick enough to keep the light out very well. Makes it that much more difficult to get out of bed in the morning! I have a couple of ideas on how to jazz them up a bit, but onto other projects for a while. I'll update when I get back around to them. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment