background

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Charmed Life

Okay, okay. Cheesy title, I know but I couldn't help it. I thought my bracelet would be a good way to give an overview of the way my life has developed over the last few months. I got my Pandora bracelet a few months before the wedding, and have gotten a charm for each of the big happenings in my life.





Wedding: My first charm was given to me by my long time friend, Sarah. It represents the month of May, which is our wedding month! She gave it to me at my lingerie shower in lieu of lingerie, so it was definitely a surprise. I love it! And I think of her and everything leading up to the wedding every time I look at it. <3! 






Graduation: My second charm was a graduation present to myself: a graduation cap! I bought it the Monday before the wedding right after my sister got home. When I look at it I remember my classmates and all the ups and downs we shared together to get through the last 3 years. Definitely an accomplishment worth noting!





Married life: My third charm is my newlywed charm. It's fun and happy- how can purple butterflies be otherwise? Tim and I went to the mall to pick it out the week after we got back from our honeymoon. It reminds me of our honeymoon and everything since! Being able to spend all day together every day after so much craziness, and really for the first time ever, was and has been amazing. I've loved every minute of it and I just get more and more excited to continue to do so forever! I definitely smile every time I look at it.





Family: My fourth charm was a surprise gift from my cousin, Gema. She was such a blessing to have around before and during the wedding. We've always been close and even when we haven't talked in a couple of months or seen each other in years we always pick up like we have never been apart. She's like my sister. So it meant so much to get that from her. When I see it I think of not just her but all my girlfriends and how much fun we have and how sisterhood is shared between us. Love you girls! --you know who you are!! :)




PT!: My newest charm was a gift from my husband. I picked out a charm when I started studying for the boards that was going to be my reward for passing. It's called "The Journey" which I thought was really fitting. One day, after I had my first big test stress freak-out, Tim came home for work with it in hand. He said that he knew I would pass it anyway so there was no reason to wait to get it. I really have the best husband ever. He has been by me, supported me, held me together, and believed in me when I didn't believe in myself. I literally couldn't have made it through that journey without him by my side. And that's what I think of when I look at it- how lucky I am to have him in my life to go on our journey together.


A little out of order, but the honeymoon post will follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment