background

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Reception

After taking some pictures with family and the bridal party, we entered the reception to celebrate the night away! Our first dance was to "The Way You Look Tonight." Tim and I had been taking dance lessons for months learning a foxtrot to this song. It's a good thing that we practiced so much, because we were definitely on autopilot on the dance floor! It was beautiful. And wonderful.


Afterwards, came the Father-Daughter dance to "What a Wonderful World" and the Mother-Son dance to "In My Life." We also had a couples dance to "God Only Knows." Everyone enjoyed dancing all night! We made sure there was a good mix of "American" music as well as Latin music. The most memorable dances/songs to me were "Thriller" - complete with a knife-fight scene with some of the groomsmen, "Cha cha slide," "We Are Family," and "Shout!" :)



My dad, Maid and Matron of Honor, and Tim's 3 Best Men made speeches. They were amazing. Crying was involved in at least 2/3 of them. Hearing the words of our best friends and family... It was a surreal and wonderful moment. I truly feel blessed to have them in our lives. And honored that they were a part of our wedding. Love you all!!!


We cut the cake, drank champagne, tossed the garter and bouquet, and danced some more! Tim and I also worked on some salsa dancing in our dance lessons, so you know my mom was going to get her dance with Tim! I loved seeing everyone and talking and hugging and laughing and everything! I loved that so many people were there to support us. As the night wound down, we started to say our goodbyes. Hugging and thanking our family and friends, I felt so thankful and grateful to each of them. Having everyone there really made the night that much more special. We danced the last dance to "I'll Be There For You" by The Rembrandts (yes, the "Friends" theme song!) and then Tim and I were on our way through a cloud of bubbles!



We spent our wedding night at the Partridge Inn, where the first order of business was eating the great food that we didn't get to eat at the reception and washed it down with more champagne as we talked about our magical day. We told each other what we did, pictures we took, people we spoke to, and everything that made our day the perfect wedding. It really was the perfect day. Even the little things that didn't go as planned just gave it that "us" touch with how we handled them. I loved every minute of it.

I got to watch our wedding video a couple of days ago. It was so great seeing it! As I watched it, I relived it. I even noticed mannerisms that I don't remember doing. It was so exciting seeing and hearing us say our vows to each other. It was a magical, happy, exciting, perfect, perfect, perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment